1.28.2009
Sick!!
I came down with a cold yesterday, out of the blue. Normally I get a "warning" day where I can try to fight it off, but not this time. Sore throat was not there one minute, and the next it was. I HATE being sick. I don't like feeling icky, and for sure it makes it difficult for me to keep up with the running/cross-training schedule that I've set for myself. But mostly I hate being sick because it always results in a lot of guilt for me. Guilt over the days of work that I miss when I'm sick, guilt over the workouts that I miss, guilt over the things around the house that just don't get done when I'm sick. Even though I know that being sick is sometimes my body's way of telling me to slow down, my mind doesn't want to slow down - it still wants to be everywhere, doing everything, even if my body doesn't want to keep up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It's like we were seperated at birth, SO feel you on this one! Feeling better today? I ran outside last night, YAY!
ReplyDelete