"I can't imagine living and not running." -- PAULA RADCLIFFE
I CAN imagine life without running - I've had it a few times. I can imagine life where I didn't have to plan my days and my weekends around my running schedule, where I didn't have to put on several layers of clothing to run outside in freezing weather, and where I didn't have to worry about doing obnoxiously long runs on the treadmill because the weather is just too bad to run outside. I can imagine a life where I didn't have to take time off work to visit my physical therapist once a week to treat a torn sartorius muscle or where I could go out on a Saturday night and have a drink or two because I wasn't planning to do a long run the next morning.
Would my life be easier if I didn't run, or at the very least wasn't training for a race? Probably. But like Bella tells Edward in the Twilight series, "it wouldn't be much of a life."
1.22.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment