1.30.2009
So Ready
"I'm SO ready to run this half marathon." Exactly the thought I had as I got ready to do the first half of my 5 mile run on the hamster wheel (indoor track) last night. Because if I wasn't totally 110% committed to this training plan, there is NO WAY that I would have stepped foot on that evil hamster wheel last night when I was already feeling a little run-down by a cold. And I AM ready- mentally and physically. Even though my longest run so far has only been ten miles, I know that I'm perfectly capable physically of handling the 13.1 miles of the half. Knowing that has, by some miracle, resulted in me not being even the least bit mentally freaked out about running that far. In fact, I'm actually really excited about it. I'm so excited that I'd go out and run this half marathon tomorrow, if I could. Having a month left in my training plan just makes things that much better, because I know that if I feel prepared now, I'm going to feel fantastic about the race a month from now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment