"I'm not sure that I can describe what has been called the 'runner's high,' but like poetry and beauty, I know it when I experience it." - Matthew Shafner
The "runner's high" is not something that I experience on every run. In fact, I've experienced it very few times over the last few years that I've been running. The runs where I do get that "runner's high," though, are good enough to keep me going through the runs where I'd like nothing better than to go home and crawl straight into bed. Like this quote, I'm not sure that I could describe what the runner's high feels like to me. But I know that when I feel it, I feel like I could keep running forever just for the pure joy of it. And afterward I can't wait to get back out on my next run.
1.21.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment