After I finish a workout, I never regret going to the gym when I didn't feel like going. I always feel better about myself. But if I skip a workout when I had been planning on going, I almost always regret it.
4/26/09 - Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, Oklahoma City, OK -- 5:03:19 (first marathon)
5/9/09 - River Run 10K, Wichita KS -- 57:53 (PR)
6/13/09 - Rock Chalk Run 10K, Lawrence KS -- 1:00:53
7/4/09 - Derby Firecracker 4 mile run, Derby KS
8/8/08 - Can You Beat Don 5k, Wichita KS
9/6/09 - Disneyland Half Marathon, Anaheim CA -- 2:09:47
9/20/09 - Wichita Half Marathon, Wichita KS
What inspires me to run...
But those who wait upon the Lord will find new strength; they will soar high on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
From a NIKE ad- I have THUNDER THIGHS and that's a compliment because they are strong and toned and muscular and though they are unwelcome in the petite section, they are cheered on in marathons fifty years from now I'll bounce a grandchild on my thunder thighs and then I'll go out for a run. Just Do It.
Fitness is a phase you pass through on the way to becoming a runner. -- George Sheehan
No comments:
Post a Comment