At least once a day someone that I work with makes a comment something like this:
"I just think it's crazy to run that much."
"Why would you ever want to do that?"
"Don't you think your injury is a sign that people shouldn't be running this far?"
It's getting a little difficult to deal with the naysayers, especially when I'm now less than 10 weeks from running my first half marathon and desperately trying to keep myself in good shape (i.e., not injured or sick) until the race. So it helped today that on another forum I belong to, someone posted this blog about why marathoners make good employees. And, in general, how training for a marathon changes you for the better.
http://thebrandbuilder.wordpress.com/2009/02/21/why-runners-usually-make-great-employees/
2.25.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Eh screw 'em, I know the nay-sayers and can honestly say they wouldn't be able to run a marathon if they tried, they can sit on their old lazy ba!!s and suck it! ;) MAN it feels good to say that.
ReplyDeleteNICE!!
ReplyDelete