Last night my new turquoise running skirt (a Valentine's gift from my parents) was begging to be taken on a "test run" at the gym. It felt pretty comfortable when I tried it on, but I wasn't about to go for a long run in that thing until I was sure it was at least comfortable for two or three miles. So after several rounds of "do you think I'm too fat to wear this?" "No." "Okay. But seriously, am I too fat to wear this? Does it look bad?" "No." with my husband, I decided to stop being self-conscious and take the skirt to the gym.
I must say, I think I look pretty good in that thing. I'm just not sure "skirt culture" has caught on here and was afraid that I was going to get a lot of "what the..." looks from people at the gym. No one was really looking at me though, which is actually kind of a shame because - as I said - I do look pretty good in that skirt. At any rate, the skirt ended up being very comfortable to run in. It may be making a half marathon appearance in a couple of weeks.
2.18.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I've been wanting to get a running skirt too, but had the same skeptical thoughts you had, lol. Just might have to get one now!
ReplyDeleteYou rock it! You have darn nice legs wheeler, no shame in a skirt. I felt the same way when I tried mine on, now I'm just WAITING to wear it, stupid weather.
ReplyDelete