Whoa, we're halfway there,
whoaOH, livin' on a prayer!
Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear,
whoaOH, livin' on a prayer!
-Bon Jovi, "Livin' on a Prayer"
That's right, it's week 8 of the marathon redemption plan and that only means one thing -- WE'RE HALFWAY THERE!! It's hard to believe, but I've been at this whole marathon training business again for 8 weeks now and I couldn't be happier with how things are going. And true to my pessimistic nature, I'm just waiting for the other running shoe to drop. Training can't be this good, can it? I hope I'm wrong, I want to ride this wave of good running as long as possible.
Of course, no good training session is without its blips, and Sunday's 7 mile run for me was definitely a blip. A BIG blip. I haven't had such an ugly run in a long time, and certainly not in this training session. It seemed like I couldn't even string a good 5 steps together, and it wasn't until mile 6 that I started feeling like myself. A few months ago I probably would have been really down about a bad run, but I don't so much care anymore. Sometimes bad runs just happen to good runners. All things considered, I'd rather get the bad out of my system on a 7 mile run than a 16+ mile run. And I really hope I got all the bad out of my system on Sunday, because I'd like to enjoy this weekend's upcoming long run with the Fair Weather Runner. It's about darned time that we worked our schedules out and had a long run together.
Not much to report from this week, it was supposed to be an "easy" week. Running looked like this:
Run 1 - 7 miles
Run 2 - 7 miles
Run 3 - 7 ugly miles
This week it's 4 miles easy, a 7 mile tempo run with 5 at a 9:26 pace (ugh), and 16 miles this weekend. Sunday I'll be leaving on a jet plane to Denver for work for a day, which should be fun the day after a long run. The recovery socks will definitely be making an appearance on the flight.
3.01.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


haha, the beginning of your run sounds like all my runs. it always seems like i cant put one feet in front of the other.
ReplyDeleteThe good, the bad, the ugly...as long as the good outweighs them all and is all that shows up on race day, it works out I guess. You'll still kick OKC's butt :) Safe travels and I wore my recovery socks on the flight and it really helped with the heaviness that I usually feel when flying.
ReplyDeletei heart you. but is it okay that i don't heart that bon jovi song? i'm soooooo ready for saturday, and hoping it isn't a FUGLY run for either of us. the countdown is on, let the planning begin! EIEIEIEA!
ReplyDeleteHope you have an awesome tempo run! You can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteTravel safe to Denver. Enjoy those pretty pink socks!
Recovery socks for a flight? Hmmm. Great idea.
ReplyDeletebah...one little stinky 7 miler during your recovery week is nothing. You're busy recovering anyway, right? You'll rock that 16 this weekend...just like me (...I hope). Tomorrow's tempo? Well, it might suck balls...for me at least (5 @ 6:32).
ReplyDeleteamen a bad 7 miler is no biggie cause it means that your future long runs are now guaranteed to be great :)
ReplyDelete