Yeah, I realize that it may be a little dorky to give yourself gold stars, but I feel like I deserve three for the day:
Gold star # 1 - For getting out of bed this morning and running even though I woke up way late and really, really wanted to just go back to sleep for 15 more minutes.
Gold star #2 - For running 4 miles, when I started off planning to only run 3.
Gold star #3 - For running that extra mile, when it meant that I had to run up the longest, steepest hill that's anywhere near my house (to be fair, we are in KS, so it's not really that big) and rocking that hill to the tune of a 9:20 mile (which is fast, for me).
Okay, now that I'm done patting myself on the back, here's a little nugget for your day:
I did not drink all of these Hurricanes myself - I swear!!
Be sure to check out The Happy Runner's bloggie birthday giveaway - she's got some good stuff over there!


That's fantastic!! I can't drag myself out of bed to run in the morning. I know eventually I will have no choice and will have to spend my day at work and evening hours chasing kids, but for now...I need my beauty rest!!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture!
you totally deserve those 3 gold stars, well done! :D
ReplyDeleteThose hurricanes are huge!
ReplyDeletegood job dragging yourself out of bed and getting a run in and getting 3 gold stars (although, technically, stars 2 and 3 are for the same thing) ( ; ....still trying to decide on a July race....like you, I think a race a month would be good....Ashley posted this link on my blog, I thought it was good--local/regional MO and KS races -- http://www.mararunning.org/2009%20Schedule.htm ....
ReplyDeleteyes, gold stars are good, and sounds like you deserved all three of them! good job!
ReplyDelete