Less than two weeks left until "M" day, as the Fair Weather Runner is calling it. I'd been feeling a little down on my training until last weekend, when the Fair Weather Runner, Liz and I did the 10k Easter Sun Run. I was exceedingly happy with the way I ran that race, I kept up a pretty good pace for me despite the fact that it wasn't my best morning and I'd already run 5 miles before the race. I don't remember exactly what my last 10k time was, but I know that the Easter Sun Run was a good 8 minutes faster, if not even faster than that. My new PR and the fact that it was Easter weekend got me started thinking about what a strange journey I've gone through in the last year to get to this point where I'm less than two weeks away from my first full marathon and what an emotional rollercoaster it's been. I can honestly say that after all the ups and downs of training, I feel like whatever I do in OKC, even if I don't have the world's greatest time and even if I don't beat Oprah, is going to feel like a huge success. And I'm very happy I get to share that with my husband and family and friends.
With that being said, Beka the Fair Weather Runner tagged me so this is the objective: fill out the survey, add one question of your own, and tag someone else.
1. What are your current obsessions? My upcoming marathon, eating, furniture shopping, unpacking all the boxes in my new house
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? Black ballet flats - I'm pretty much wearing them everywhere, I'm not wearing heels before the race because they aggravate a certain running injury and lord knows my feet are NOT appropriate for sandals at this point...
3. Last thing you bought for yourself? Trek bars from Great Harvest Bread Co. Yum.
4. What’s for dinner? Probably Chipotle - I have no energy to go to the grocery store and/or cook this week
5. Say something to the person who tagged you: Beka is my running heart. Without her (and Emily) I never would have believed in myself enough to train for this marathon. Every time I've gotten down, in running or in life, she's picked me back up and cheered me on.
6. What is one item you could not live without? Peanut butter
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die? Maui, Ireland, Spain, Santorini (Greece), Australia and New Zealand, the Galapagos Islands
8. Three things to do before you die: Have a child, dive with whale sharks off the coast of Mexico, learn the Argentine Tango
9. What are you reading right now? I'm stuck in the middle of Breaking Dawn right now...I started reading it and got interuppted, then started reading it over again, then had to move, I'll probably have to start all over again after the marathon...
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed? Twilight
11. What’s your guilty pleasure? Robert Pattinson (hmm...I'm sensing a theme here), cheesecake, Cadbury Creme Eggs, shopping, anything Disney
12. What’s your favorite smell? Gardenias, Tuberose, vanilla, pumpkin pie
13. If cost wasn't an issue and you could run any race in the world what would it be? The actual Marathon in Greece
14. Do you have a goal that you are trying accomplish before 2009 is over? Run a marathon (done in two weeks, I hope!), run a sub-2 hour half marathon (maybe in September?)
15. Describe one of your happiest moments. My wedding day was one of the best moments of my life - marrying the man I loved and celebrating that with all of my friends and family. Followed closely by the day that I graduated from law school, which was on Mother's day and was 29 years to the day after my Dad had graduated from the very same law school. My mom made me a cake that said "Like Father, Like Daughter" with both of our graduation dates on it.
16. What was your best Halloween costume? I dressed up like Snow White one year, which isn't terribly exciting but I do have the dark hair and fair skin to pull it off pretty well.
17. What do you have an addiction to? Definitely food. Running and yoga. Shopping for running and yoga clothes.
18. What do you do that you would be embarrassed for others to know about? I eat peanut butter straight out of the jar.
19. What is one totally irrational fear you have? I hate lawnmowers, weedwhackers, saws, and anything else with large, spinning blades that could rip your limbs off.
20. Do you have a favorite training tip? Stretch aftewards. A lot. Ice everything. And don't assume that just because you've never had blisters in training that you won't get them during the race - use bodyglide!!
21. What's your most embarrassing moment? I'm pretty sure the Fair Weather Runner and I may have done push-ups in the middle of the floor in our dressy clothes at a work party last summer, but I don't remember all the details because I'd had at least a whole bottle of wine to drink...
22. What is a little known fact about you? I'm really just a big kid at heart - I still love Disney, cartoons, animated movies, stuffed animals, and toy stores.
23. (my addition) Do you have a pre-race ritual? I always lay out all my clothes, my shoes, my Garmin and my mp3 player and pin my race number to my shirt the night before. I have to eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich before every race, if it's a shorter race I'll just have one slice of bread with peanut butter and sliced banana. No exceptions. I will be taking peanut butter, bread, and bananas and plastic utensils to OKC with me!
I'm tagging...RunnuRMark over at the Life and Times of RunnuRMark since he's a Spark friend of mine. http://runnurmark.blogspot.com
4.15.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I <3 Chipotle!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is SOOOOO awesome about you and your dad graduating from the same law school on the SAME day of the year - amazing!!!
And WOAH - you are from Etown?!?!?!?! Cuz I'M from Emporia - born & raised!!!!! How have we not established this yet???
AA HAHAHAHH! A proud moment in MoLain History, Wheeler and Robinson, in dresses, proving to AJ we can, point of fact to pushups and clap in between them. We are ridiculous. Now what should we show off at the wine party THIS summer? I say we wear our marathon medals just to annoy our husbands.... Pushups... we rock.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I went to Emporia High - class of '97! This is so crazy, I bet we know some of the same people! When did you graduate?
ReplyDeleteHit me up email style if you want: randyandashleyrobbins@yahoo.com