4.09.2009

Things I'm excited about today...

1. Our new house - even though it's a mess and there's still a ton of work left to do, I love the new house and deep down am glad we moved.

2. I walked my dog last night in our new neighborhood, and I LOVE it - so quiet and peaceful, all sorts of ducks and geese in the ponds, it was great.

3. Peanut butter - basically my favorite food. The grocery store next to our new house has a machine where you can grind your own fresh peanut butter. Who knew such a thing existed??!!

4. My upcoming 10k this Saturday - I've promised myself that I am not "racing" this race because of the upcoming marathon, but it's going to be nice to get out and have a "fun" run instead of the "serious" training runs I've been doing the last few weeks.

5. Nice weather! Well, we're supposed to have storms this afternoon and the next couple of days, but overall we're on an upswing in temperature and I'm hoping it stays that way. No more snow, please!!

6. Paint - we had most of the rooms in our new house painted, and I can't even tell you how much of a difference this made in making the house feel like "our" house. And the colors look fabulous - no more boring tan everywhere!!

7. It's almost the weekend! And our office closes early tomorrow for Good Friday.

8. Just a little over two weeks until the big 26.2 - the nerves are starting to build up a little now, but I'm ready to do this thing and see what I'm made of!

9. New running shoes - I'm testing out a slightly different model, they get their first test drive this weekend.

10. Friends and Mexican food- even though our house isn't even close to presentable, we're having good friends over tomorrow to see it, then heading out to try a Mexican restaurant I discovered a mile away from our new place.

2 comments:

  1. These things make me excited for this day as well! YAYAYA. Can't wait to see said house and try said Mexi food. We are gonna show those races who is boss... in our skirts no less. Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Congrats on the new house! PICS PLEASE!!

    **You can grind your own fresh peanut butter??!! That's like the coolest thing I've heard all day!!

    **Good luck with your 10k! AND the upcoming marathon!

    **Yesterday's weather was amazing - I'm ready for more of that! Saturday is supposed to be nice...

    **I hope the new shoes help with the black toes - they SUCK!!!

    **Enjoy your mexi food & drink a marg for me! CHEERS!! :)

    ReplyDelete