3.26.2009

Finally...a good run

Last night's run was beautiful, the type of run that makes me remember why I started running in the first place. The weather wasn't particularly wonderful (in fact, it was still a little windy, and chilly) and I wasn't particularly speedy, but it was just a nice, hard, constant effort and I felt really good at the end of it. I ended up doing 7 miles well under my goal marathon pace. I didn't feel great the entire time, but I'm particularly happy that I pushed through the difficult parts of that run and finished strong at the end. It was exactly the sort of confidence boost that I needed after having two extremely disappointing long runs in a row.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I was actually looking forward to my 9 miler tonight (usually I just feel incredibly anxious), but now I'm sick with broncitis....so I'm taking today and tomorrow off so I can make it to tri practice on Saturday. I'm worried that I'll struggle next week...but I think my body is trying to tell me to slow down. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know, I've had that fear - but sometimes after a few days of rest, I come back even stronger just because my body needed the time off. Don't stress too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you got a good run in, because it looks like we're going to get snowed on this weekend...

    ReplyDelete