4.01.2010

Happy Birthday to the Running Sri Lankan!!

It's no April Fool's joke - it's the Running Sri Lankan's birthday today! Happy birthday, Indi!!!!!
Head over to this fabulous girl's blog and wish her the happy, happy day she deserves.

So meeting Indi was a totally happy coincidence. I met her briefly, once, after the Wichita River Festival last May...but not long enough to really have a conversation. I'm pretty sure Indi has a bone to pick with that race, but I'll leave that story to her for another day. Our next meeting was MUCH better, in fact it was a whole evening of fabulous complete with some New Moon movie action, some California Pizza Kitchen, and a little gelato, capped off by a half marathon.


Aww...it was jazz hands from the very beginning.


So I met Indi courtesy of the Fair Weather Runner, who was friends with Indi in college. We started getting to know each other during a little something we dubbed the "Giblet Jog" weekend (combining the Wichita Turkey Trot with the Overland Park Gobbler Grind) but we really solidified the friendship over a tiny shopping cart full of sweet potato fries before the Groundhog 10k back in February. Although I've only known Indi a few months, it's hard to imagine that I haven't known her for years. It's really hard to imagine someone putting up with the likes of the Lawyer, the Dork, and the Worm in all of our crazy glory, but Indi fit right in like the missing piece of a puzzle. I feel blessed to have her as a friend and I'm loving watching her journey to her first half marthon in OKC in just a few short weeks!!


Happy birthday again Indi...may it be full of wine, milanos, and everything else wonderful!


Friendship rainbows all around.

4 comments:

  1. oh yay for indi. i bought b&w milanos at target today just for her natch. yum. heartfest. we might just need to include some birthday action in that little OKC trip of ours....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the awesome wishes!! We've only known each other for a few months...but feel like I've know you for years...its an awesome feeling!!! Milanos all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, love the friendship rainbow picture!! :)

    ReplyDelete