I said you wanna be startin' somethin',
you got to be startin' somethin'.
You wanna be startin' somethin'
you got to be startin' somethin'.
It's too high to get over,
too low to get under.
You're stuck in the middle,
and the pain is thunder.
- Michael Jackson, "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"
Well, first of all - let me say that if you left a comment on my last blog and I haven't responded to you yet, I apologize. I'm not trying to ignore anyone, my life this past week has just been full of the crazy and I've hardly had any time to be online. Much less make it to the gym or put as much effort into running as I'd like. Frankly, I'm happy I managed to run at all last week. So before I even get to the running, here's how the non-running part of my week went:
Monday: went to Oklahoma with the husband right after work, got home at 1:30am
Tuesday: worked from 8:30am to 11:00pm non-stop with maybe a 20 minute lunch break and dinner break; got home at 11:45pm
Wednesday: worked until 5, ran 5 miles, was hit on by a homeless guy in the park while running said 5 miles, went to ballet class for an hour, came home and made dinner, cleaned up after dinner, went to bed around 11:30
Thursday: drove to Dodge City after work for a funeral, got there around 10:30pm, managed 25 minutes on the elliptical before I gave up
Friday: drove home from Dodge City, managed to force myself to go to the gym for speed work
Saturday: left for Oklahoma again with the husband at 8:45 am, got home around 5:30pm, went to the gym for 45 minutes of weights, got takeout and did my best to be lazy the rest of the night
Sunday: 12 mile long run (8 with the Fair Weather Runner), grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning out the fridge, walking the dog, and last but not least, blogging
So there it is. A week full of crazy, topped off with a long run with a person who is my favorite brand of crazy. Running with the Fair Weather Runner is never boring, and today was no exception - for example, there was the street covered with what must have been 100 multi-colored rubber bands (random), lots of TMI (gross), and our strange conversation about what people would think if the two of ran together in the park with FWR hooked up to one of those kid harness/leash/monkey backpack type things (just plain weird). Good times.
And the running:
Run 1: 5 miles easy
Run 2: 1 mile warm; 2x1600 repeats with 800m recovery at 8:50 (I was supposed to do these in 8:55, so I was happy with 8:50); 1 mile cool
Run 3: 12 miles on the biggest hills we could find
What didn't happen this past week? Yoga. Meh. I have been much better stretching after runs and using the foam roller than usual, but my right calf would probably disagree with that. The USPS is actually considering giving the knot in my right calf its own zip code. If anyone has an extra Stick laying around, feel free to send it my direction.
Next week - 4 mile easy run, 5 mile tempo run, 14 mile long run. Keep the nice weather coming!
1.17.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I totally have that song stuck in my head now. Yeah yeah!
ReplyDeleteMe too!
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to go to a funeral.
Have a good week!
for some reason i'm not a bit offended i'm your favorite brand of crazy.... so flattered. sure you don't want to share even a skidge of that TMI?! our running convos are so fantastic. see you in yoga tomorrow... me and my monkey harness.
ReplyDeleteWow. I'm tired after your busy days! You do pack a lot in.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry you'll squeeze that yoga in.
Rubber bands and getting hit on by a homeless man, I am totally hopping on the next plane to join you for your next long run.. LOL!!
ReplyDeleteWay to fit it ALL in.. Hugs!
I'm a little offended that I was not updated on the TMI convos. Saving it for Throuple weekend?? ;)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting is this - all 3 members of the throuple are up and running again - literally! Woot!
Busy woman! You know what they say, "Busy people get more done."
ReplyDeleteI would have skipped the elliptical all together.
Enjoy the rest of your week!